Wednesday 9 November 2011

Loafing around

Actually I've been quite busy kneading away in North Norfolk.


Do you remember my long-winded attempt to create my own sour dough?
There had to be an easier way, so ..... I decided the best thing was to join Virtuous Bread for a one-day course in north Norfolk. What a lot I learned.
Rosie, our fab teacher, is in action below creating her wonderful artisan bread (which if you're living in London will set you back £4 a loaf).


Anyone interested in getting stuck in to some dough work should definitely contact her.
Among the many things I discovered, there is nothing like getting your hands covered in wet rye dough to really understand what making sourdough is all about.

 My fridge now has 3 different pots of gloop, so I'm never going to be stuck for a starter. They have varied characteristics, ranging in age from 1851, through to 2000 and my very own 2011 vintage.
"Beer and bread are the midwives of civilisation"
There are more than just crumbs on offer at this particular table!




No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...