|Image: Ingrid in Beijing|
8 short sharp shots of Taoist wisdom to start your week
- Each time you worry today about not getting everything done, instead visualize yourself at the end of it all, having got everything done easily, effortlessly and enjoyably.
- Each time today you worry about the next bit of your life not working out, instead visualize yourself at the other side of any current challenges, things having worked out miraculously well.
- Each time today you find yourself worrying about other peoples’ reactions to you, instead visualize everyone walking away from you thinking and feeling only the very best about you and themselves.
- Each time you find yourself worrying about any particular situation not working out, instead visualize yourself looking back at the situation marvelling about implausibly well it did work out.
- In all instances it’s unnecessary and even inadvisable to waste energy guessing how these results might have been brought about, simply see the result you wish for regardless.
- Worrying about something is akin to praying for what you don’t want.
- Visualizing the outcome you want is akin to praying for that instead.
- Knowing this and knowing you do indeed have the option, makes choosing simple, unless you love pain, of course.
These wise words come from The Barefoot Doctor, a constant source of uplifting thoughts and wisdom.